The Paleo diet allows the occasion rum drink, and what better way to salute the end of summer than with a frozen pina colada! Not only is it yummy, the ingredients are all-natural – so you won’t feel bad about having one or two… or a pitcher…
Paleo Pina Coladas
- 2 cups ice
- 1 lime
- 1/4 – 1/3 (to your taste) honey (optional, omit if Vegan)
- 6 – 8 oz. rum (optional, but MUCH better with!)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 banana (if you use a frozen banana, use 1/2 as much ice – remove peel before freezing!)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (this brand comes in a BPA-free can)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (like a Vitamix) until desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish as desired with pineapple wedges, a lime, or coconut flakes.